Job Title: Finance and Operations Officer (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Kitgum, Uganda
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The primary function of the Finance and Operations Officer shall be to prepare and examine financial records. They will make sure that records are accurate and that taxes are paid properly on time. The Finance and Operations Officer shall perform overviews of the financial operations of the project at Cluster and regional level in order to help it run efficiently. He/she will ensure the operations of the project is functional.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares assets, liability and capital accounts entries by compiling analyzing documentation of financial transactions by entering accounts information into Navision.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information.
- Preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other reports.
- Prepare bank and Beyonic reconciliation on a monthly basis and follow up on the unreconciled items on a monthly basis.
- Initiate payments in Beyonic, bank and Navision and maintain appropriate Beyonic and bank balance levels.
- Substantiate financial transactions by validating documents
- Maintain accounting project staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with national and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed action.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing accounts information and trends
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
- Support district officials, In-Charges and health facilities in compilation and retiring accountabilities.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensuring a functional Fleet system
- Ensure project store are properly maintained
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Supervisors.
- Financial Statements examined to ensure accuracy
- Ensure that financial statements and records comply with laws and regulations
- Taxes owed computed, prepare tax returns, ensure prompt payment of staff, sub-grantees and service providers
- Books of Accounts inspected and accounting systems kept up to date
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree majoring in Accounting and Finance. Level II CPA/ACCA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of experience in financial accounting in a busy PEPFAR or USG-funded organization
- Experience working in PEPFAR or USG- funded organizations is highly desirable.
- Experience in applications of the NAVISION Accounting Software
- Excellent Computer skills – MS Excel, MS. Word, Power point and MS. Outlook
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Highest level of honesty and Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality and Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy, Appropriate degree of assertiveness, Speed and accuracy.
How to Apply:
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labelled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Also note that only applications received online shall be considered.
Deadline: 14th April 2023