Job Title: Financial Advisory – Associate – Secretarial/Registration (Several Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference Code: EAU-110879-JN
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is known for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border professional services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Deloitte Associates will support the Secretarial & Registration practice. Our Secretarial & Registration practice is one of the prominent market players in East Africa providing integrated company secretarial services to a focused portfolio of clients. This position offers you an opportunity to customize everything; from your career path to your educational opportunities and benefits, while working within a stimulating and challenging environment that focuses on teamwork and outstanding service delivery. Most of all, our culture and innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: As an Associate, you will be a valuable resource in our Secretarial & Registration department in Uganda, focusing on the following:
· Ensure availability of accurate and timely data on assigned tasks as required including using available knowledge sources optimally;
· Learn and apply Deloitte standards, procedures and methodologies on assignments;
· Support in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement;
· Ensure that assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
· The incumbent will render support in planning work on assigned segments of the work;
· Demonstrate ability to interrogate legal documents and apply the law on assignments and attend to compliance requirements with the relevant authorities;
· Train and supervise interns as assigned;
· Execute detailed procedures, including reviewing documents, records, reports and procedure;
· Support in conducting research and compiling data;
· Attend to annual compliance procedures and filing of returns;
· Assist in convening meetings and drafting of minutes, resolutions and correspondence thereof;
· Attend to client inquiries and shareholders and attend to execution of documents;
· Ensure safe custody of client documents such as Register of members, minute books, Memorandum and Articles of Association and company seals;
· Handle the shares, Bond and ESOP registration system and daily transactions relating to the registers;
· In charge of entering all data and documenting production relating to corporate actions such as dividends, rights issues, bonus issues, e.t.c;
· Manage the administrative matters on behalf of the client including maintaining share registers, company statutory records, preparing and filing returns and conducting correspondence with shareholders;
· Keep the manager updated on any issues arising from the assignment;
· Support with departmental administration tasks such as filing and updating of client files; and
· Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates should be Graduates with a Bachelor’s Hon. Degree preferably in Law, Business Communication, IT or equivalent;
· Certified Public Secretary (CPS), Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA) or equivalent professional certification will be an added advantage;
· At least an Upper Second class honours degree;
· At least 17 points at ‘A’ Level;
· The applicant must hold a First Grade in ‘O’ Level (with credit 3 in English and Maths) or equivalent;
· Interest in pursuing a career in company Secretarial & Registration;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· Be a Ugandan citizen;
· Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills quickly; and
· Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
NB: Successful candidates will be required to pursue a professional Public Secretaries & Administrators course, which will be financed by the firm.
How to Apply for the job:
If you so desire to join one of the World’s prestigious audit firms, Deloitte, please feel free to visit the e-recruitment website below.
Deadline: 13th August 2015