Job Title: Accounts Payable Accountant (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies.
Job Summary: We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Finance team as an Accounts Payable Accountant.
Main purpose of the job: The holder of this position will manage external vendors from documentation in relation to items sourced, through to the resulting payments. He/she will also ensure processing of express and creditors Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) payments and liaise with creditors on various administrative issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow up on open purchase orders (POs) and unmatched goods receiving vouchers (GRVs) on a monthly basis and send reports to general ledger accountants to inform accruals;
- Maintain an up-to-date accounts payable ledger by ensuring integrity of the documents in relation to items sourced from external vendors through to the resulting payment of these items;
- Process creditors payments and liaising with creditors on various administrative issues;
- Process and perform control checks of SAP/Concur expense claims;
- Prepare weekly and monthly payable amounts, and report to ensure availability of funds;
- Conduct checks to ensure that orders are properly authorized and coded;
- Confirm and approve vendor codes and Capture 3rd party expenses;
- Manage suppliers and liaise with them to obtain outstanding invoices and credit notes;
- Manage the disbursement management system (DMS) recharges;
- Ensure that original tax invoices are received for payment while ensuring their accuracy;
- Receive and capture invoices from Business Units while ensuring that order dates and details correspond;
- Prepare invoices for payment and export payments to the banking system for payment release by the authorised signatories;
- Upload new and/or maintain existing vendors in the finance system;
- Reconcile payments to creditors statements and SAP (Detailed Vendor account);
- Receive credit files from the bank and analyse them and ensure that card balances are settled within due dates;
- Ensure that original tax invoices are received for payment and correct VAT numbers appear on tax invoices per VAT legislation;
- Check that purchase orders are properly authorized, coded and posted in the ERP;
- Receive original tax invoices and statements from vendors, prepare vendor reconciliations and subsequent payments;
- Send vendor remittances and request for updated statements;
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain outstanding invoices and credit notes and investigate items under query/in dispute;
- Process claims, cash advances and maintain office petty cash;
- Prepare for payment of various statutory payments e.g. VAT, WHT and payroll taxes;
- Receive credit card statements, prepare reconciliation and payment of the same;
- Prepare weekly and monthly payable amounts and report to line manager to ensure availability of funds;
- Review employees’ expense reports, verify accuracy and submit for payment/recovery;
- Conduct trainings on finance processes to staff;
- Update the Procurement Manager on country/ regional procurement payment movements; and
- Investigate & communicate any disputed amounts and ensure resolution of queries that arise.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Independently assists team to deliver services within defined strategic objectives.
- Client Impact (External / Internal) – Works collaboratively with own team and that of the client service line/area to deliver quality service in allocated tasks.
- Operational Effectiveness – Understands context of own delivery against timelines.
- Development / Growth of Team (as applicable to role) – Actively works to address identified development areas.
- Budgets/Profitability – Effectively uses time, equipment and resources.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should at least hold a Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 16 points at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in ‘O’ Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- At least one (1) year of relevant accounting experience in a busy environment;
- A professional qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent;
- SAP experience will be an added advantage; and
- Be a Ugandan citizen or eligible to work in Uganda.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Desire to develop self and others.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good project management and planning skills.
- Knowledge of the standardised routines of the role.
- Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our and values and puts these into practice in their professional lives.
- Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
- Performance drive – Seek opportunities to drive self, teams with others to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd January 2023