Job Title: Business Continuity and Systems Administrator
The Uganda National Examinations Board is the national assessment body in Uganda. UNEB is a public organization that strives to maintain fair assessment in a bid to produce valid and reliable results. UNEB welcomes the various stakeholders in the fight against malpractice.
Job Summary: The Business Continuity and Systems Administrator will provide technical support in the implementation and maintenance of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans and Procedures; and installing and configuring system hardware and software; establishing and managing user accounts; and upgrading software.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, implement and support all automated UNEB business systems, maintain a high level of disaster preparedness and business continuity.
- Offer timely technical operation system and end user support to rolled-out business systems per set ICT policies.
- Implement and support best practice ICT standards and policies to data security disaster recovery and maintenance at the ICT infrastructure at the Data centre.
- Study the performance of Business continuity and disaster recovery plans and report to ICT management for remedial action and improvement.
- Oversee, develop and appraise the performance of subordinate staff in line with human resource manual.
- Provide professional technical support with respect to systems administration, business continuity, industry standards and methodologies, and advise management and staff.
- Implement and continuously assess compliance to set service and quality standards and generate reports to ICT management.
- Provide, continuously assess and document both technical and operational user support including training as per set ICT standards and policies to ensure proper usage of ICT equipment at the stations.
- Manage station information systems including all hardware while keeping the station inventory up to date.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an honour’s Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or Information Technology.
- Professional certification such as VMWare, NetApp, Security, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNA Security or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three or more years’ experience working with large database systems, systems administration and should be familiar with Operating systems such as Windows Server 2008/2012, the TCP/IP protocol, and managing corporate network environments using tools like Microsoft Active Directory.
- Practical experience with virtualised environments such as VMWare and vSphere, unified storage using NetApp, unified threat management, and managing routers and managed switches will be an added advantage.
Age Limit: 25 – 45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications which should bear the title of the post, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates and postal address and telephone contacts of three referees. Typed or handwritten applications on A4 paper should be submitted to:
The Executive Secretary, Uganda National Examinations Board, P. O. Box 7066, Kampala, Uganda. (All posts bear attractive packages which include housing allowance).
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th April 2015 by 5pm