Job Title: Grants Accountant
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Reports to: Area Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Grants Accountant will work with the Response Finance Manager in budget preparations, monitoring grants budgets, MYPBAS commitments against approved budgets and expenditure, prepare financial reports and assist finance & operations staff in understanding basics of government/multilateral grants regulations and World Vision International Financial policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documentation, reporting and knowledge management: Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual program financial reports to different donors, follow-ups and maintain donors’ relationships.
- Audit & Risk Management: Prepare grants for audits, review and assist in the implementation of program and financial audit recommendations with a view of providing adequate implementation plan to ensure recommendations are implemented on timely basis.
- Budget Management: Prepare and revise program budgets and cash flows in line with donor requirements, financial policies and procedures and advise management concerning appropriate actions to be taken in order to achieve set objectives in line with donor requirements
- Payment of project expenses: Review program expenditures to ensure proper documentation, coding, donor requirements and WV financial policies compliances, budget availability and initiate any necessary corrections or adjustments
- Track Payable & Receivable: Track payable and receivable accounts for vendors and program staff on a monthly basis and maintain them at low levels so as not to put program funds at risk.
- Update Grant document: Update grant files with proposals, grant agreements, budgets, financial reports, narrative reports, cost extensions, no cost extensions and other relevant correspondences.
- Asset Management: Track and monitor the use of program assets and equipment as per World Vision Policies and provide assets and equipment report to the management on quarterly basis for corrective actions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Grants Accountant job must hold a Degree in Business Administration/Commerce-with accounting option, Finance and other related studies
- Pursuing professional course added advantage
- At least four years of professional work experience in accounting, preferable with NGO
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing, facilitation;
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Computer literacy
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills (word, Excel, power point preferred)
- Communication skill
- Reporting skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 13th March 2023