Job Title: Head, Financial Reporting & Reconciliation
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Controller
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Head, Financial Reporting & Reconciliation will be responsible for the reconciliation of all financial accounts in the bank on a monthly basis. The job holder reviews the reconciliation work done by Operations on a monthly basis and ensures it tallies back to the balance sheet. The incumbent will be responsible for helping out in the preparation of the financial reports to Group and the central bank including tax computation and ensuring compliance with the guidelines from the regulating bodies. Work closely with external auditors
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reconciliation of Financial Accounts
- Do reconciliation of all accounts in the finance department.
- Recommend action on any items at risk in the balance sheet.
- Help in compiling audit evidence and ensure all audit issues with regards the balance sheet have been resolved.
- Review reconciliation reports from operations flag any risks to financial controller/ Finance Director.
- Assist in the preparation of group financial statements and internal financial returns
- Oversee the receiving of instructions and accounting entries from group departments and ensuring posting is done promptly.
- Ensure that group account balances are consistent with the trend and nature of the accounts
- Help in the preparation of group creditors payments and ensure authenticity of instructions
- Review and maintenance of the fixed assets register monitoring movement on depreciation and disposal of fixed assets, review of procedures for semi-annual verification of inventories and ensure that these are in line with the capital expenditure budget in liaison with Network Services.
- Ensure effective and excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues in the department and the bank in general
- Attend meetings with senior managers and other staff in the bank
Risk, Governance and Regulatory: “Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank UK Head, Financial Reporting & Reconciliation job must hold a University degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Full Professional qualification in Accounting such as ACCA or ACIB qualified with strong accounting background
- Detailed knowledge of the group’s financial reporting and timetables
- Detailed knowledge of financial statutory reporting
- Detailed knowledge of accounting standards (including new standards such as IFRS9, IFRS16)
- Detailed understanding of governance and controls
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory rules and tax issues
- An appreciation of the external economic, political, legal and regulatory environment and their impact to the business.
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Commercial awareness
- Proven organisational skills
- Detailed knowledge of Barclays Group Governance and Control Policies
- Extensive working knowledge of the financial reporting system.
- Detailed knowledge of the Bank’s internal control mechanism.
- Strong computer skills in various accounting related software including excel
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org