Job Title: Head of PDU
Organisation: Uganda Investment Authority (UIA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Investment Authority (UIA), a statutory agency is mandated to initiate and support measures that enhance investment in Uganda and to advise Government on appropriate policies conducive for investment promotion and growth in the country.
Job Summary: The Head, PDU, is responsible for developing and implementing annual procurement plans to ensure timely availability of materials and services needed to implement UIA’s approved work plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guiding management on trends, issues, problems and activities relating to best practice in procurement.
- Developing UIA’s annual procurement plans and budgets for approval
- Developing a database on qualified suppliers of goods and services needed by the Authority
- Tasked with administering the procurement process in coordination with user departments/units to acquire and make available required goods and services in the quantity, quality and time needed.
- Ensuring compliance with the provisions of Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets (PPDA) Act, regulations and procedures.
- Providing relevant information advice to UIA staff to enable them to comply with PPDA regulations and procedures.
- Participating in strategy formulation and implementation.
- Prepare and submit periodic performance reports.
Key Results Areas:
- Annual procurement plans and budgets approved in a timely manner
- Required supplies (goods and services) made available in a timely manner
- Departmental performance reports prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) Head of PDU job opportunity must hold a bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or the equivalent from a recognised institution
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Graduate Diploma or the equivalent from a recognised Institution.
- Full membership to chartered institute of Purchasing and Supply or the equivalent from a recognised body is an added advantage
- At least five years of hands-on experience in managing the procurement function preferably in a public institution.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications with typed detailed CVs, copies of transcripts and certificates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees by registered delivery to;
Send applications to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Investment Authority
2nd Floor, TWED, Plaza, Lumumba Avenue
P.O. Box 7418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 29th September 2017