The Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is mandated UCDA to: “Oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling the quality and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimise foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to farmers.”
Job Summary: The incumbent will render support in the implementation of UCDA’s Human Resource Strategies in line with the Human Resource Manual.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of guidelines and procedures for recruitment, selection, induction and orientation.
- Offer support in the staff performance appraisal process as per established performance measurement guidelines.
- Actively coordinate staff trainings in accordance with the Staff Development Policy.
- Update and maintain an effective human resource information system to ensure accurate and up-to-date staff records.
- Support in the Management of staff benefits in compliance with UCDA guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Support the Supervisor in resolving employee queries / requests.
- Compile and produce monthly reports and briefs as advised by the Supervisor.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Human Resource Assistant must have a Bachelor’s (honors) degree in Human Resource Management, or Organisational Psychology, or Social Sciences, or Social work and Administration or any other related field;
- At least two years’ working experience in a similar position at a reputable organization;
- Working knowledge of existing Ugandan labour laws;
- High level of integrity; Strong inspirational, motivational, networking and team building skills; Good communication skills; Initiative and self-drive.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should submit their applications, curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic transcripts, and telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees to;- The Principal Human Resource Officer, UCDA, Coffee House, Plot 35 Jinja Road, P.O. Box 7267, Kampala (U).
E-mail /electronic applications can be sent to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 24th October 2014 by 5:00 p.m