Job Title: IT Service Support
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager IT Service Management
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000’ borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The IT Service Support will provide second line of support for all staff and business partners at Finance Trust Bank , responsible for assigning and resolving support requests, as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support diverse user base through effective use of the helpdesk system, maintain work orders assigned, manage day-to-day operations of the corporate Helpdesk system, and assign tickets as they are logged.
- Triage, record status and system changes using ticketing/change control systems in accordance with defined processes and SLA’s.
- To deliver support to end users on how to use various software/application programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives.
- Monitor the IT Service Desk tool and process incidents and request in line with IT procedures and processes
- Exhibit excellent customer service at all times in providing satisfactory support to the end user in professional manner.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of IT Service Desk in the bank.
- Encourage, maintain and develop a professional business relationship with customers/end users by providing a prompt and efficient service.
- Managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of IT Service Desk functions.
- Deliver information to users in the form of user training whilst performing support tasks on the users’ desktop.
- Provide support and solutions within ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change management
- Ensure all calls are monitored, processed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicate IT changes and outages and keep end users informed about the process of their calls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Finance Trust Bank (FTB) IT Service Support job opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information technology and Information systems.
- Person with ITIL Foundation Certificate is preferable.
- Working in a Service Desk environment with experience ranging from 2 – 5 years providing 1st & 2nd level support is preferred.
- Excellent telephone, written and communication skills
- Experience using Service Desk Management tools
- Proficient at multi-tasking with excellent keyboard skills
- Good knowledge of software and hardware products.
- A keen attention to details.
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of banking processes especially the core-banking systems and database management querying skills will be added advantage.
- Previous experience having supported and administered digital-banking platforms.
- A good team player with ability to share knowledge.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should address their applications to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number.
Deadline: 10th August 2018