The Rector Islamic University in Uganda(IUIU) – Assoc. Prof. Ismail Simbwa Gyagenda had a fruitful meeting with several officials from the Uhudder Foundation based in Sakarya, Türkiye.
During his last official visit to Türkiye, the Rector was invited by Uhudder for an introductory meeting in its home province. Matters of mutual interest have been discussed. Later on, Uhudder was invited to the Graduation Ceremony to which they responded positively. Upon their visit to the Main Campus in Mbale and interactions with IUIU officials, they noted some areas of collaboration which are;
- Proposed construction of primary and secondary school projects that will partly address needy students and orphans whose management will be handed over to IUIU
- Construction of a modernised Wudu(ablution) area with aesthetic architecture close to the main mosque
- Eye and circumcision camp
- Dawa Caravan project that will run throughout the year.
- Empowerment projects in the area of Agriculture which will be realized at the university farm.
The meeting ended with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between two parties in the presence of officials of Uhudder Foundation and officials of IUIU namely Saim Çelik/Coordinator, CCD and Mutyaba Abdallah, Senior Administrative Officer.