Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Organisation: Right To Play
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO) or Finance Officer
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conﬂict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to teaming and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support in ﬁnancial administration tasks such as data entry, processing transactions, ensuring all transaction supporting documents are complete and properly filed and reconciling bank accounts entries. In addition, the incumbent supports the HR related functions in the respective project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs three-way match in comparing invoice with purchase order and goods received note before processing any payment.
- Ensures that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Reviews transaction-supporting documents to ensure that all are complete and ﬁlled accordingly.
- Ensures that all payments are made on time.
- Follows up on bank transactions to ensure all are processed; files hardcopies and generates reports.
- Posts all ﬁnancial transactions into the RTP Daily Expenses Log (DEL) and then imports all data to ACCPAC.
- Produces monthly bank reconciliation statements and consolidates these in hard copy for review by the FAOIFO.
- Over sees the management of petty cash in the country including bookkeeping.
- Accounts for all petty cash expenditures and prepares replenishment requests when two-thirds of the money is spent
- Provides clear expectations to the direct reporting team ensures that they are familiar with the roles and responsibilities within their individual job profiles
- Provides the necessary guidance and coaches to the team and carries out regular performance appraisal accordingly,
- Responsible for the office and human resources management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Right To Play Finance and Administration Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting ﬁnance, business administration or related discipline
- Three years of experience in accounting, grant management or directly related areas with HR experience.
- Previous work experience with an I/NGO.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline.
- Integrity and details focused.
- Ability to multi task and work within deadlines.
- Good analytical skill.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated resume and cover letter to: UgandaHR@righttoplay.com and kindly include “Position” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
Deadline: 10th July 2018