Job Title: Zonal Field Assistant
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Education Project Officer
Finn Church Aid is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organisation and the second biggest organisation in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organisations forming one of the world’s largest aid organisations. Finn Church Aid is committed to continue working until people in need of assistance can make their own living and fulfil their basic needs. Finn Church Aid also campaigns for dignity and justice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Zonal Field Assistant – Finn Church Aid will aid the Project Officer in planning, developing, supervising, implementing and coordinating project activities within Omuggo refugee settlement and surrounding communities.
- Work closely and consult regularly with the relevant local authorities, community leaders, civil society/non-governmental departments collaborating / implementing partners and other stakeholders where appropriate in the delivery of project activities
- Prepare periodic work plans and budgets in liaison with the project Officer and the Sub program Manager
- Make regular field visits to all beneficiary sites within the project area to assess and verify existing beneficiary case loads, project needs, problems, delivery and utilization of project inputs and support to beneficiaries and advises the parties concerned accordingly.
- The jobholder also supports the Project Officer in supervising the field activities including trainees and trainers and taking appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective performance;
- To identify school going children within and outside the settlement and recommend them for enrolment to schools.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Zonal Field Assistant job placement should preferably hold a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Vocational education, development studies, Social work, social sciences or related field is essential.
- Possess a clean and valid driving permit class A
- Computer literacy skills
- At least four years of experience working in project planning & management or related field in a reputable firm, public body or NGO.
- Experience working with refugees and UNHCR implementing partner organizations is an added advantage
- High integrity, self-driven, able to work under challenging circumstances, and able to complete assignments with tight deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Excellent organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team playing skills.
- Knowledge of one of the local languages in Omuggo/Arua.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver their applications to the following addresses;
Head Office: Finn Church Aid (FCA), Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank hill Road, P.O. Box 21826, Kampala – Uganda Tel: +256 392177266
Field Offices: Arua, Yumbe and Adjumani.
Deadline: 22nd May 2018