Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-motivated individuals to fill the enlisted positions; following the support received from the Joint Population Program – financed by DFID through the World Health Organization (WHO) to Uganda Blood Transfusion Services (UBTS); to establish three new blood collection teams in Lira, Arua and Moroto Districts. URCS has therefore, been entrusted by UBTS to contract and jointly implement activities for this program. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
- Takes charge of timely donor registration prior to blood donation.
- Ensures that body weight of prospective blood donors are recorded to ensure that they meet donation requirements.
- Ensures that Donor awards are accounted for in line with the Policy.
- Prepares session summary forms indicating potential donors, units collected, awards issued, blood history of Donor.
- Ensures that the donor register is routinely updated.
- The Donor Clerk should hold an O’ Level Certificate with a credit in English, Certificate in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent
- Certificate in Computer studies is a must;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the knowledge of local language is an added advantage