Job Title: Administrative Assistant (8 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Administration
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide secretarial and administrative services NDA Departments
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out general secretarial duties including minute taking, and circulating/follow up on relevant action.
- Organize and maintain the office diary of schedules and make arrangements for meetings.
- Maintain oral communication with visitors, and all members of the department and the stakeholders when requested and authorized by the responsible officer.
- Maintain filing systems for incoming and out-going mails of both confidential and routine correspondence.
- Tasked with maintaining proper storage and safety of Administrative files to ensure that documents are rightly arranged filed and are without errors.
- Draft correspondence as required by the supervisor.
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Drug Authority (NDA) Administrative Assistant job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Office Management from a recognized Institution with 3 years’ experience in the similar job OR a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or closely related field from a recognized Institution with 5 years’ experience in the similar job.
- Good Office Management skills, Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent People Skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, organisational and technical skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Confidentiality, interpersonal skills and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, copies of your academic qualifications together with your Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating three (3) referees of whom one (1) should be your current or most recent employer either electronically to the e-mail address- firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to National Drug Authority office, 1st Floor, Rumee, Plot 19 Lumumba Avenue opposite TWED PLAZA. Your application should be addressed to the Head Human Resources and Administration, National Drug Authority.
Deadline: 10th January 2018