Job Title: Executive Secretary
Organization: Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board
Dama Consultants Limited is an HR recruitment company which would like to recruit for its valuable client, Uganda National Examinations Board, UNEB. Uganda National Examinations Board is a body corporate established by an Act of Parliament in 1983 with the mandate to conduct and manage examinations in Uganda for the end of educational cycle at primary and secondary school levels and to conduct examination related research.
Job Summary: The Executive Secretary will provide professional leadership to the Secretariat and top management team to effectively and efficiently manage UNEB’s core business, resources and its affairs as well as in implementing Board decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will serve as the Accounting Officer and provide secretarial services to the Board and its Committees.
· Initiate the formulation and implementation of approved policies and plans aimed at improving the performance of UNEB
· Oversee the continuous review of the Board’s strategic plan in order to ensure the achievement of the set objectives.
· Ensure proper staffing of UNEB with qualified and competent professionals and to conduct regular appraisal of their performances
· The incumbent will also be tasked with resource mobilization for UNEB
· Direct and supervise top management team responsible for examinations, financial and administrative functions of the organization
· Manage the implementation of all management systems designed to ensure good governance, fiscal control and promotion of harmonious working relations
· Maintain coordination with relevant government ministries and agencies and promote effective consultative process and networking with stakeholders and other international examining bodies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Masters’ degree in any of the following areas: educational planning and management; educational measurement and assessment; curriculum development, business administration; and public administration and management.
· A minimum of fifteen years of relevant experience, five of which should have been gained at a senior management level as head of a recognized educational institution or as head of a department in a recognized institution of higher learning.
· All applicants must be suitably qualified Ugandans with proven high moral character and integrity.
· Broad knowledge and experience in examinations management;
· Proven sound management skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good team building and networking skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Good communication skills
· Computer literacy skills
· Age: At least 45 years old
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationswith detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, transcripts, names of three professional referees and the applicant’s telephone contacts to:
Dama Consultants Limited,
10th Floor, Uganda House,
P.O. Box 3967, Kampala. Uganda
Or via E-mail pdf format only to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 30th October 2015.