Organization: Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Cost & Management Accountant
Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAU) is the national professional accountancy body in Uganda, established by the Accountants Act. The Institute also has a mandate to conduct professional accountancy examinations in Uganda. The Institute is mandated to also:
- Regulate and maintain the Standard of Accountancy in Uganda.
- Prescribe and regulate the conduct of accountants and practising accountants in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Stores Management Officer is responsible for managing the Institute’s stores.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps stores clean and orderly.
- Maintains proper stores records.
- Maintains appropriate reorder levels and advises users.
- Receives and issues inventories and consumables.
- Initiates payments for supplies received in the stores.
- Builds and manages relationships with the Institute’s stakeholders and ensures that the highest levels of customer satisfaction are met.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Cost & Management Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ICPAU Stores Management Officer must hold a Diploma in Stores Management, Accounting or other finance-related field.
- A degree is an added advantage.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Sound business knowledge.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should write to the address below describing how they qualify for the position quoting the Job Reference Numbers above. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your application should include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, three references including at least two previous employers (if any), and functioning telephone numbers/e-mail addresses. Send your application with all the necessary documents quoting the job reference number to the address below or by email.
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda,
42 Bukoto Street, Kololo,
- O. Box 12464,
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 17th August 2018