Applications are invited from suitable individuals to fill 2 Deputy Vice Chancellor positions at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) as follows;
1. First Deputy Vice Chancellor In-charge of Academic Affairs – DVC AA A.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the performance of his or her functions and in that regard be responsible for the Academic affairs of the University and shall;
- In the absence of the Vice-Chancellor perform the functions of Vice-Chancellor
- Chair Senate and Top Management in the absence of the Vice Chancellor;
- Be a member of the University Top Management Committee, University Senate and the University Council;
- Spearhead the development and update of policies and strategies for enhancement of teaching, research and community engagement;
- Manage and lead the research agenda of the University in accordance with national and international standards and policies;
- Chair strategic academic and research committees of the University;
- Chair the admissions Committee of the University;
- Be responsible for Staff mentorship programmes and lead staff development initiatives
- Coordinate development and implementation of academic programmes of the University;
- Perform such other functions that may be delegated to him or her by the Vice Chancellor or assigned by the University Council.
Second Deputy Vice Chancellor In-charge of Finance and Administration– DVC FA
Description of Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the performance of his or her functions and in that regard shall;
- Oversee the Finances and administration of the University in accordance with the policies and laws governing the University;
- Be responsible for the planning and development of the University;
- Be responsible for the planning, reviewing, implementation and monitoring of the University strategic plan;
- Be a member of the University Top Management Committee, University Senate and Council;
- Serve as Chairperson of Finance and other Management Committees.
- Perform other duties that may be delegated to him or her by the Vice Chancellor or assigned by the University Council from time to time.
- Be in possession of a PhD degree from a recognized University
- Be at the level of at least Senior Lecturer
- Be between 40 – 60 years
- Have at least ten years teaching experience at University, five (5) years of which should have been at Senior Lecturer level
- Has been at least Head of Department at a recognized University or research Institution for at least five years
- Demonstrated ability to write successful research and development grant proposals
- Demonstrate contribution to development and implementation of policies relevant to Universities and other tertiary institutions
- Proven integrity and moral standing. D. Specific Requirement for DVC AA
- Proven track record in coordination and management of academic affairs, teaching, research and community engagement E. Specific Requirement for DVC FA
- Possession of proven experience in financial management and or administration.
- Possession of an MBA and or a professional qualification such as ACCA is an added advantage.
Applications/Nominations should be addressed to: Secretary – DVC Search Committee, Mbarara University of Science and Technology P O Box 1410, Mbarara Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 04854 20785, Fax: 0485 20782
Direct applicants should submit seven copies of the CV and certified copies of all academic documents from Uganda Certificate of Education or equivalent up to a Doctorate Degree or equivalent.
They should provide names and contact details of three referees, two of whom shall be academic referees and at the same time the applicants should request the referees to send letters of reference to the Secretary, DVC Search Committee at the above address.
Deadline for submission of applications is August 10, 2015.