Job Title: Accounts Assistant/Cashier
The Uganda Export Promotion Board (UEPB) is a public agency set up by an Act of Parliament: The Uganda Export Promotion Board Act. The Board, supervised by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives, was set up with the main objective of facilitating the development, promotion and coordination of all export-related activities that lead to export growth on a sustainable basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accounts Assistant/Cashier will serve as a bank agent for the institution
- Responsible for general ledger management
- Processing and disbursing all petty cash in line with established procedures and guidelines
- Verifying clients’ bank deposit slips and issuing receipts thereto
- Undertaking bank reconciliations
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by superiors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must possess at least a Diploma in accounting; and must be computer literate. A higher qualification would be an added advantage.
- Possession of two or more years relevant working experience in a reputable organization.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications, including detailed CV – must have a day time telephone contact and three referees – and copies of academic documents, should be addressed to The Chairperson, UEPB Board of Directors, P.O Box 5045 Kampala and submitted to Office of the Executive Director, Floor 5, Conrad Plaza, Plot 22 Entebbe Road (either by registered mail or hand delivered). Electronic applications should be sent to email@example.com.
Please indicate on top of the envelope the position you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: An attractive remuneration package will be paid to successful applicants.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 3rd October 2014 by 5:00 PM