Job Title: Specialist, UNIX Systems
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, a Global Technology Consultant. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Job Summary: The UNIX Systems Specialist will work closely with the Analyst to support the administration, maintenance, support and upgrades of UNIX operating systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for UNIX operating system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Offer technical input in the planning of UNIX operating systems upgrades and deployment.
- Offer technical support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of UNIX operating systems.
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for UNIX operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems.
- Conduct daily UNIX operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades.
- Maintain backup of the UNIX operating system network.
- Make sure there is optimal performance of all applications running on UNIX operating system environment through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance.
- Perform daily UNIX systems checks and correct any issues.
- Monitor UNIX systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to end users and ensure timely resolution of UNIX system problems.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in similar job roles
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.