Job Title:Team Leader, Collections and Recoveries (BA3) – 00167831
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Team Leader, Collections and Recoveries will be:
- Responsible for the management and collection of all delinquent accounts portfolio, with the objective of driving and embedding collections strategies with the collections analysts to bring indebted customer back to order.
- Responsible for managing the resources to ensure collection targets are met
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Risk Management, Control and Collection – 50%
- Ensure monitoring and control of out of order accounts and take appropriate collection action to normalize the position, within pre-determined policy rules and laid down strategies.
- The overall objective of the role is to ensure completion of appropriate and timely collection action by collections analyst to prevent the account rolling over to the next arrear and being relegated to debt collection agents.
- Undertake the review and actioning of delinquent reports by self & team
- Employ established collection strategies within policy guidelines with a view to ensuring that out of order accounts are returned to order within the shortest possible time. This is likely to involve agreeing short term/restructure lending agreements Ensure contact of customers whose accounts are payments in arrears. This may take the form of written correspondence or normally this would be by direct telephone contact.
- Responsible for maintenance in an accurate diary system for restructure /repayment program arrangements with indebted customers in your portfolio.
- Intuitively review and recommend classification of deteriorating accounts to In House recoveries, legal follow up or external collection agents.
- Monitor notices and demand letters sent to delinquent customers
- Adhere to service level agreements
- Review and recommend write off to low value debts to stop escalation due to penalties and commissions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customer complaints on delinquent accounts.
2. People and team work: 40%
- Wholehearted commitment to effective application of performance management, robust rigour controls and MI policies & practices.
- Constantly seek to improve ways of working by challenging the status quo and supporting an empowering climate within the team, sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing constructive feedback as required.
- Take lead of a team ensuring they are highly motivated and energized.
- Embed PD and personal development for direct reports.
- Technically support and adopt the implementation of change initiatives.
- Actively participate in local events to support local needs, develop individual and team skills and raise the Barclays profile in the local community.
3. Self Development: 10%
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
- Share best practice with, and provide feedback to, the other members of collections Team, on all business and people related issues, climate and local development and initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess basic knowledge of the bank’s customer service standards
- Good knowledge of Barclaycard vetting credit policy
- Good knowledge and understanding of the bank’s lending policies, principles and procedures
- A general knowledge of the International Credit manual, BMIS User manual, and Guide to management of risk
- Understanding of debt recovery (DRU) procedures manual and Debt outsourcing procedures manual.
- Principles of lending
- Basic Risk Management techniques
- Debt Recovery techniques
- Skills in credit management
- Communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Team player
- Good keyboard skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
How to apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 29th July, 2014