Job Title: Project Director
The Diocese of East Ruwenzori (Anglican Church of Uganda) & Kabujogera Rural Evangelical carries out Christ’s work of teaching, preaching, healing and nurturing her people. Working in partnership with Compassion International, the Diocese has a ministry of nurturing poor Children, releasing them from poverty in Jesus name.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/She is a team leader and must exhibit a high sense of integrity
- He/She is a member of a local Church and is willing to support the church he/she is working with especially in its children ministry.
- Be a Christian role model for children and their families.
2. Programme Management and Administration:
- Accountability for project funds.
- Compilation and preparation of monthly financial and activity reports
- Preparation for the purchasing of goods and services.
- Day to day project management.
- Supervising other staff.
3. Programme Quality:
- Development professional skills of staff.
- Selecting and implement curriculum.
- Responsible for monitoring performance of staff and children.
- Working ability to apply and adapt established accounting procedures to a variety of accounting transactions, problems and situations.
- Perform any other child related and Christian work assigned by the Church in partnership with Compassion International Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social work, Education, Business Studies, Social Sciences, Community Psychology and Theology.
- Good Computer skills and Knowledge in Basic accounting are a must
- The Diocese invites applications from born again professionals aged between 25-35 years old
- He/She shall work at a local church project and includes visiting children in their homes and schools.
- Should be prepared to work beyond normal working hours as need arises and travels to the Compassion International Uganda Office from time to time as well as for training.
How to Apply for the job:
All interested candidates should submit or hand deliver their applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of their academic documents, recommendation from their pastors to; The Diocesan Secretary (Human Resource Officer) Diocese of East Ruwenzori P.O. Box 1439, Kamwenge, Uganda.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th September, 2014