The Government of Uganda under the Ministry of Works and Transport has a contract with Messrs Face Technologies (Pty) Ltd for designing, printing and supply of Computerised Driving Permits (CDP) on a Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) arrangement. In order to ensure knowledge and skills transfer in the project.
- Develop a maintenance and support plan (MEMP)
- Analyse user problems, requests and required enhancements
- Evaluate the possible impact of different options for modifying the operational system and software, other information required by the Ministry of Works and Transport.
- Maintain up-to-date records of CDP transactions.
- Demonstrating the use of computer equipment and system functionality, including software, to the project staff.
- Migrate the upgraded system and software to the user’s environment, with, as appropriate: Parallel operations, Additional user training, Support options;
- Retire the obsolete system from the user’s environment, with, as appropriate: Parallel operations, Conversion of data to the new or replacement system, Archiving of system and data files, User training for the conversion programme
- Perform any other duties from the ICT Technical Support Manager
- The candidate should preferably hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. Candidates with additional qualifications relating to IT, software and Microsoft MCSE Certification courses in software, hardware and networking will have a competitive advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ progressive experience in broad-based systems, desktop and network support, and also experience in implementation, enhancement and software control.
- Past exposure and experience and knowledge of PCs using Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office;
Deadline: 9th June, 2014