Job Title: Credit Controller
Organisation: Fracht Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Fracht Uganda is a Swiss International Freight Forwarder that has been in existence since 1955; with its headquarters located in Basel, Switzerland. As a reputable Freight Forwarder, FRACHT has a worldwide network that stretches across all continents. We are in 115 countries worldwide; of which 16 of these are in Africa.
Job Summary: The Credit Controller will be in charge of the co-ordination and management of timely collection of debts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining close relationships with all clients to ensure smooth running of their accounts and effective collection of debts.
- Perform credit risk assessment of prospective clients and give guidance to the business development team.
- Determining the credit levels of new and existing clients.
- Posting and allocating receipts and payments to the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Preparation of weekly credit control reports.
- Manage invoicing of clients and issuance of credit notes.
- Negotiating payment plans
- Updating and sharing statements of accounts with clients regularly.
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure our invoices have been cleared for payment.
- Resolving queries both internally and externally regarding outstanding invoices.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a business related course.
- Three years of experience in a credit control related position
- Should have the ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Competence in MS Office
- Prior experience with accounting systems such as Tally accounting system
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Knowledgeable in TRAKIT
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV’S and copies of academic documents merged in one PDF document to email@example.com
Deadline: 13th March 2023 at 5:00pm