Job Title: Deputy Executive Director
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) was established under “The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, 2001” for regulating and guiding the establishment and management of institutions of higher learning, regulating the quality of higher education, equating of qualifications and for advising government on higher education issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deputizes for the Executive Director;
- Oversees the performance of inputs and outputs of all Departments at NCHE;
- Is in charge of implementing and improving Council’s performance, by outlining strategic initiatives;
- Performs any other function incidental to the objectives of the University and Other Tertiary Institutions Act, or generally relating to higher education that the Executive Director might assign.
Expected Outputs: 1. Annual reports; 2. Performance results; 3. Revised Quality Assurance Standards; 4. Uganda Higher Education sub sector promoted at the national and international levels.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a PhD in a relevant discipline from a recognized university;
- Must have been head or deputy head of a higher education institution preferably a Vice Chancellor, Rector, Vice Rector or Principal for at least four years;
- Must have taught in a university for at least ten years;
- Must have published a minimum of four (4) peer -reviewed journal articles or one academically accepted text book;
- Have comprehensive knowledge of Higher Education Systems;
- Must be ICT literate;
- Demonstrated proven management abilities;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Having been a Dean is an added advantage;
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should send seven sealed copies of: an application letter; in up to date and detailed CV including names and contacts of three credible referees; copies of academic qualifications; and any other relevant documents. Applications should be submitted during office hours (9.00am – 5.00pm) to: The Director, Human Resource and Administration, National Council for Higher Education Plot 34, Cavers Crescent P.O. Box 76, Kyambogo Uganda, East Africa.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 30 days after the expiry If the application submission deadline.
Deadline: Monday, 27th January 2014