Job Title: Advocacy Officer
Straight Talk Foundation is an indigenous health communications NGO operating nationally in Uganda through the provision of quality behaviour change programs. Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communication NGO registered in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the principal communications and advocacy liaison to government, private sector, NGOs, etc.
- Steers media outreach; press briefings, and interviews; responds to media inquiries.
- Coordinates production of a range of information products in support of the STF operations.
- Offer professional advice and expertise to STF management on advocacy and outreach issues
- Drafts communications and advocacy materials for STF including newsletters, reports, and website updates.
- Builds information networks; plan and oversee maintenance of publicly accessible information materials on STF programs and interventions.
- Coordinates and direct public information to staff.
- Technically supports writing and editing of print materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Mass Communication
- At least four years’ experience in communications and advocacy related work
- Possess the ability to manage complex tasks, prioritize, multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of social media will be an added advantage
- Possess the ability to take initiative and work independently
How to Apply for the job:
All applications should be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com. Please include a cover letter and an updated CV with three professional referees. The subject of the E-mail should clearly indicate the position title.
Deadline: 26th May, 2014