Job Title: Deputy Principal
The Uganda Institute of Information and Communication Technology is a public Tertiary Institution established by Statutory Instrument No. 79 of October, 2005. The Institute is managed and operated by the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC), the regulator of the communications sector in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Deputy Principal will oversee, monitor and evaluate academic and administrative programmes to ensure their implementation in line with university’s strategic mandates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deputises the Principal.
- Ensures efficient implementation of all academic programmes for the Institute.
- Ensures discipline in the Institute and chairs the Disciplinary Committee.
- Ensures the integrity of internal and external examinations, their administration and supervision.
- Supervises non-teaching and support staff.
- Manages and coordinates the general environment maintenance at the Institute.
- Ensures the availability of materials for training and their rational distribution and utilisation.
- Performs any other duty as may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Master’s Degree in an Information, Communications Technology related field.
- Possess a postgraduate qualification in Management of a duration of at least nine (9) months is an added advantage.
- Possession of a PhD qualification in an ICT related field will be an added advantage.
- At least nine (9) years’ working experience in an ICT Environment and one (1) of which must have been at Senior Management Level.
How to apply for the job:
All candidates should send their applications in triplicate and on Education Service Commission Form 3 (1998), or hand written and addressed to the Secretary, Education Service Commission, P. O. Box 7196, Kampala, should be submitted to the Education Service Commission Offices, Farmers’ House, 1st Floor, and Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Uganda.
The applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy. The applicants should attach three (3) sets of photocopies of their academic certificates and testimonials and other relevant documents plus three recent passport-size photographs.
The application forms can be obtained from the Education Service Commission Offices, the Ministry of Education and Sports, Chief Administrative Officer’s Offices and District Service Commission Offices.
Deadline: 15th August, 2014