Job Summary: The Business Development Officer will be securing new business in General Insurance, Pension and Group Life lines either directly or through brokers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and engage potential clients and recommend new Brokers to the company for appointment;
- Secure new business directly or through broker or Financial Advisors
- Work towards achieving the set targets
- Maintain excellent Customer Service to all our clients
- Service existing business.
- Ensure that accurate and competitive quotations to prospective clients & FAs.
- Follow up premium collections, business renewals and timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Consolidate and forward periodical reports and monthly reports on production.
- Gather marketing intelligence including competition, new products and also about the Company’s image.
- Undertake initial underwriting of business to ensure sound acceptance of risk within the set mandate.
- Handle customer complaints written or verbal and refer to the supervisor where necessary.
- Gather all initial information required when claim arises and liaise on the same with Claims department.
- Present an excellent image of the Company
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Sale Business development Manager
- Ensure that commission which is due is paid to the broker on the agreed dates.
- Assist in coordinating the claim notification
- Monitoring client portfolios;
- Aid in other duties as needed and directed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor of Commerce degree or equivalent;
- Good advancement in CII Credits;
- At least three years experience with bias in General Insurance Underwriting as well in Group Life and Pensions;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer/software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment;
- A high sales drive and a strong will to succeed;
- Confident, articulate and with strong communication skills;
- Results oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines and meet sales targets;
- Well groomed, presentable and strong interpersonal skills;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses
Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements