Job Title: Card Sales Manager (BA4) – 00175265
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards.
It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Barclays Card Sales Manager will have the responsibility of recruiting profitable new business and growth of new Customers base. The jobholder will also provide leadership to a team of LGs attached to the Card business. The incumbent will proactively generate leads for the LG.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Growth and Retention (50%)
- Supervision of Sales Activities (30%)
- Planning and Execution (20%)
- Foster close working relationships with other internal teams, external key business influencers to create new business opportunities.
- Fully understand the workings of Card and Merchant pricing
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with customers, engaging line managers at senior management or director level if called for towards the achievement of business objectives.
- Make sound commercial judgments in order to fully develop customer base.
- Build new relationship with customers to improve the business income.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs and requirements of customers businesses\
- Provide evidence of customer demand to influence new products / enhancements / solutions
- Apply knowledge and skills in resolving any challenges the sales people may face while looking for the new business.
- Maintain and understand the business environment in which the customer operates.
- Constantly update knowledge on cards products and services.
- Identification of sale opportunities and introduction of leads to the LG team.
- Oversee daily attendance levels within the team in compliance with the relevant HR policies, including management and approval of leave within the team
- Act as an enabler to the LG team under supervision by providing them with the tools and information to optimize sales.
- Monitor sales performance on a daily. Weekly and monthly basis and provide results to the Head of cards.
- Acts as an escalation point for queries that could not be resolved by the LG/Branch.
- Responsible for developing sales plan to achieve targeted objectives and goals.
- Responsible for time management of day to day activities to maximise return on resources.
- Keeping fully updated on customer activities, challenges and demands in line with business demands.
- Make Presentations about the Cards product.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Three or more years’ minimum sales experience with a proven track record of achievement and high performance
- Proven success rate in negotiation in a corporate environment
- In-depth knowledge of competitor solutions.
- Good working knowledge of the Business to Business sector.
- Fully aware of industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge of Barclays Group and Barclays Uganda strategies.
- Working knowledge and practical understanding of Law legislation and regulations as they apply to the local market.
- Knowledge of card processing.
- Excellent communication skills
- Sales Management skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sales skills
- Negotiation skills
- Full and extensive knowledge of Cards products and services
- Working knowledge of Cards industry dynamics, interchange,.
- Knowledge of relevant third party suppliers (e.g. technology) is preferred
- An up to date knowledge of industry related developments
- Past experience in the Business to Business Financial Services Sector is an advantage
- Knowledge of the Cards industry would be an advantage but not essential
How to Apply for the job:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 26th September, 2014