About NIC: NIC Holdings is one of the largest financial institutions in East Africa with a network of branches spread across the country, offering a full range of insurance products and services in Life and Non-Life insurance businesses and Financial Management. NIC Holdings has two subsidiaries which include NIC General Insurance Company Limited and NIC Life Assurance Company Limited.
Job Summary: The Director Marketing will oversee and coordinate marketing of insurance services, marketing activities, manage marketing Sales force and coordinate the implementation of the corporation’s marketing plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder will be responsible for the development and review of the marketing department annual work and monitor its implementation.
- Coordinate the bidding process.
- Develop, implement and monitor a sector based marketing approach.
- The Director will develop and promote external networks for business growth.
- In charge of refining the existing Insurance products/service to meet customer need/preference to achieve desired performance.
- Offer technical support to other departments in identifying training needs & sensitize staff on new and existing products & services in line with training work plan.
- Plan, requisition and account for office assets/stationary in the department in-line with administrative policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other assigned tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Director Marketing vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in a Business related course from a recognized University. Evidence of training in Marketing is an added advantage
- At least eight years’ sales and marketing experience in an Insurance company is a MUST.
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of Information Management packages is an added advantage.
- Highly self-driven, innovative and able to work long hours under minimum supervision.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates, not later than addressed to: Head Human Resource, National Insurance Corporation Ltd., P.O. Box 7134, Kampala. Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com
Deadline: 30th June, 2015 by 5:00 pm