The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
- To appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
- To review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
- To provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
- To provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
- To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
- To make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Clerk Assistants will offer administrative and secretariat support services to the Plenary and Committees of Parliament
Organisation: The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Senior Clerk Assistant
Salary Scale: PC 4
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the duties of Clerk at Table
- Take minutes of the Plenary and produce minutes for the proceedings
- Provide accurate instant interpretation of Rules of Procedure of Parliament
- Draft the Order of Business for committees, organize committee meetings and prepare reports as the committee secretary
- Organize and plan for effective committee meetings
- Maintain a Members’ register for plenary and committee meetings
- Collaborate with Government institutions and departments on matters relating to Bills, motions, statements, petitions and questions
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, Public Administration, Management, or Business Administration from a recognized University or a higher institution of learning or a Bachelor’s Degree in Law with a Postgraduate diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre
- Good report writing and minute taking skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Age Limit: 21 -27 Years
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission, P.O Box 7178 Kampala, Uganda via post or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry, Room No. 112, 1st Floor, South Wing, Parliament of Uganda.
All applicants should endeavor to attach recent passport size photographs, Curriculum Vitae. Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts and indicate two (2) competent referees.
Serving Officers in Government institutions should route their applications through their respective Heads of Departments.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 29th November 2013 at 5:00p.m.