World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 40 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Community Development Facilitator will guide and facilitate programme development, monitoring and implementation in an Area Development Progranme (ADP) in line with programme plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Guide ADP programme planning and Development:
- Support and guide ADP scheduled assessments, evaluations, TDI measurements and designs.
- Facilitate development of the ADP design document and AOP/ DIP.
- Gather and analyze community perspectives, and prepare annual work plans and cash flows.
- Write concept papers and proposals for non-sponsorship fundraising.
- Monitoring of progress and achievements of programmes in the ADP.
2. Mobilization of communities, local organizations and institutions for programme development and implementation:
- Mobilize community participation in programme/project planning, development, implementation and monitoring.
- Mobilize government institutions and technical staff in the planning and implementation of ADP programmes and plans.
- Mobilise grassroots organizations, Churches and other civil society organizations on poverty reduction.
3. Build ADP level partnerships, networks and coalitions with civil society organizations and local government institutions:
- Facilitate networking with government institutions and other development partners within the ADP in planning and implementation of development programmes.
- Identify and nurture local partnerships with grassroots civil society organizations, Churches and sub county government.
- Build and facilitate the capacity and growth of community and grassroots organizations.
- Facilitate growth of strong grassroots movements on specific advocacy issues.
- Build leadership and mobilization capacity of programme/project committees and facilitate their participation in programme/project development activities.
4. Facilitate capacity building of communities and local organizations: Support and facilitate graduated growth of partnerships and community based organizations
5. Implementation of ADP programmes and interventions in line with approved designs and AOPs/ DIPs: Organize community programme development and resource mobilization of planned activities such as community contributions.
6. Child Protection:
- Facilitate the operations and functioning of ADP child protection committee.
- Ensure adherence at ADP of child protection policy, guidelines and protocols.
7. Management of Sponsorship Performance:
- Support and facilitate sponsorship staff and sponsorship service operations in the ADP.
- Monitor performance of sponsorship performance in line with child sponsorship standards.
8. Proper and efficient management and use of ADP finance and assets:
- ADP financial and asset resources are managed and used in line with policy guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely variances explanations on ADP over and under expenditures
9. Monitoring and track progress of programme implementation:
- Organize ADP level forum assess progress of implementation of planned activities.
- Monitor progress of programme/project interventions against plans within the ADP.
- Organize review, reflection and learning forum for ADP staff, community, local organizations and government.
- Documentation and sharing of programme learnings.
- Produce ADP quality and timely reports to keep track of progress of planned activities within the area of operation.
- Produce timely and quality bi-annual and annual reports.
- Perform any other responsibilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a University degree and/or a in Social Science, Development Studies, Education or any relevant field.
- The candidate should possess at least three years’ experience working with communities in a development.
- Must be highly reliable and independent.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good Networking and advocacy skills
- Mature Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates must send their applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, via email to: [email protected] Please address the application to the People and Culture Specialist (Recruitment) and do indicate the post title in the email subject line.
NB: Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 29th November, 2013.