Job Title: Database Administrator
NFT Consult, a leading HR Consultancy firm, seeks to recruit for it valuable client, Wipro is one of the world’s leading software and outsourcing service providers which focuses on the IT services & BPO business. NFT Human Resource Solutions are customer tailored per industry requirements and are geared towards increased cost savings, process improvement leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness yet simultaneously strengthening quality and control of resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defining technical solutions based upon the Customer requirement.
- Assessing server, storage and infrastructure sizing including capacity and performance.
- Problem & root cause identification of critical and reoccurring issues.
- Best practice implementation in domain.
- Defining data center hardware configurations to meet application requirements including servers, storage, data center networks, and load balancing and clustering services based upon according to architecture standards.
- Intuitively reviewing and evaluating current provided services, including monitoring, for service improvements. This activity will include updating event thresholds and turning event and incident correlation.
- Offer technical oversight and support teams by leading high level/impact incidents to drive to conclusion and add to root cause analysis. Also may be responsible for the development of resolutions for systemic issues.
- Establishing and maintaining a relationship with the client’s GM & CIO and technical leadership to understand the client’s technology landscape, business needs and direction.
- Working with IT teams to ensure application requirements are understood and translated to technical solutions. Technical solutions should consider the operational support requirements to ensure they meet operational standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Past exposure and experience with integration of heterogeneous technology environments as well as maintaining operational management across coexistent multiple generations of technology in an enterprise data center environment
- Four or more years’ experience as Database Administrator.
- Possess the ability to set direction and lead technical staff to design and deliver Service Improvement projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interface with Sr. Managers at client side
- High level understanding of Architectural & Implementation support
- Architectural, Implementation and operational knowledge of Microsoft Sql Server, MySql database
- Migration experience of large databases from cross platform.
- Working knowledge of Unix/ Linux/ Solaris
- Skills in the installation of Oracle databases and client on Unix/Windows servers.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses. Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements. The applications/CVs should be prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.