Job Title: Director
National Curriculum Development Centre is a corporate body under the Ministry of Education and Sports. It is responsible for inter-alliance development of curricula and related materials for various level of education (i.e. Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary), organising capacity building courses for stakeholders on curricula and matters related to curriculum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate NCDC’s strategy and policies
- Steer the timely implementation and achievement of strategic and operational goals and objectives of NCDC
- Manage the technical, financial and HR management and stakeholder liaison functions of the Centre
- Provide direction and leadership to the Centre, and facilitate an appropriate and objective governance framework at the Centre.
- Act as the interface between the Governing Council and staff of the Centre.
- Develop and implement capacity building initiatives for the Centre
- Monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of curriculum development.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold an honours bachelor’s degree
- Possession of a relevant Masters’ Degree, from a recognized university
- A teaching qualification
- Excellent track record of at least five (5) years, 2 of which should be in Public sector, in planning and management of Human, financial and other resources in an educational institution at the level of Deputy Director or its equivalent.
- Good managerial and leadership skills
- Possess good communication and inter-personal skills and experience in Boardroom practice and procedures.
- Applicants who possess the following additional qualifications I
- experience will have an added advantage
- Possession of a qualification in Curriculum design and development is and added advantage
- Working experience of at least five (5) years in Curriculum Design and Development is also an advantage;
- A teaching experience of at least seven (7) years at Primary I Secondary or/and Tertiary level;
- Knowledge of computer applications
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications by with six (6) copies of: the application letter indicating three (3) referees, a detailed CV, photocopies of certificates and academic transcripts should be submitted to: The Secretary, NCDC Governing Council, P.O. Box 7002, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 13th October, 2014