Job Title: Finance Assistant 6 / Finance & Admin Assistant (9463)
Abt Associates was started over 50 years ago—on January 12, 1965—by Clark Abt on his journey in a small Cambridge office to create a place where innovation, bold thinking and creativity could tackle the toughest social issues of the day. The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world.
Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Job Summary: The Finance & Admin Assistant will assist the project in the areas of budget formulation, financial planning, accounting/budget execution, and administrative management services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters a variety of readily verified financial transactions onto forms after validation/coding.
- Compiles and prepares recurring and one-time detailed reports of unpaid orders, accruals, allotments, etc.
- Reviews obligation documents, assigns strip coding and posts actions to database. Establishes/maintains control sheets to prevent over-obligation of funds. Reviews un-liquidated obligations periodically for validity.
- Compares actual financial transactions with financial planning figures to ascertain deviations and refers to supervisor.
- Under specific guidance, performs basic budget formulation work, e.g. sorts data into established object/sub-object classes, makes file searches for program information, etc.
- Writes and types a variety of complex documents.
- Prepares narrative and graphic reports.-Reviews financial documents for accuracy/completeness.
Creates a variety of fiscal/administrative spreadsheets and reports.
- Makes travel arrangements for staff.
- Procures supplies and equipment.
- Develops office procedures and orients staff to procedural steps.
- Organizes conference/meeting logistics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The Finance and Admin Assistant should have two or more years’ experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Not for Profit Sector with Abt Associates should visit the e-recruitment website below to express their interest in this vacancy.