Job Title: Records Officer
Organization: TOTAL Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Accountant
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Uganda, we are a major player in the Oil and Gas sector with 125 service stations across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Records Officer will set up a records centre and records management system
- Maintain the Archived records in a safe and secure manner
- Avail records to authorised personnel
- Develop and implement a record management procedure and work instructions
- Retain documents in compliance with the document retention standards and procedures as set out
- Maintain and update the Archives catalogue
- Maintain the document retention information management tool
- Ensure adherence to the retention period for archived documents
- Manage the destruction of paper documents in accordance with the set procedure
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the TOTAL Records Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Records Management or in a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in managing record centres
- Good computer skills (i.e. Ms Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under minimum supervision, exhibit a high level of integrity at all times, is flexible and adapts quickly
- Should have good analytical, communication, organisational and report writing skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter, updated CV and academic documents to: email@example.com and indicate the Job Title in the subject line. The attached files should not exceed 1MB.
Deadline: 27th July 2018