Organisation: Uganda Women’s Network (UWONET)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Women’s Network (UWONET) is an advocacy and lobbying coalition of national women’s organisations, institutions and individuals in Uganda formed in 1993. UWONET stands to promote and enhance networking, collective visioning and action among membership and with different actors working towards development and the transformation of unequal gender relations in the Ugandan society. UWONET focuses on influencing policy and practice changes through policy advocacy; networking; information management and institutional strengthening and capacity building.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will support the NGO in overseeing the finance and administration department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the position will perform the following functions:
· Responsible for budget and cash flow monitoring and financial management of resources and funds
· Carry out audits and liaise with external auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
· Prepare and submit financial reports, statements and balance sheets
· Initiate and implement policies and guidelines regarding to financial management and control
· Prepare financial budgets and projections
· Provide and interpret financial information
· Develop financial management mechanisms and guidelines that minimizes financial risks
· Manage organization’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
· Supervising and overseeing staff under the department of administration and management.
· Build and maintaining working external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations.
· Fundraising and resource mobilization.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a Master’s in either Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, or related discipline.
· Full membership of an accounting professional body such as ACCA, CPA or CIA.
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in a related field, preferably in the Development/ NGO sector.
· Prior experience in managing sub granting.
· Significant experience in financial planning and management.
· Computer literacy skills a must with strong knowledge of Outlook, Excel and pastel accounting package.
· Strong team building skills
NB: This is a senior management position and the successful candidate must therefore be able to work under minimum supervision and will be expected to start work by 1st December 2015.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs including three references with contact details and copies of academic and professional testimonials should be sent by email to: email@example.com OR Hand deliver to the address below addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 710, Bbuye Kigoowa,
Mirembe Close, Ntinda
P. O. Box 27991, Kampala. Uganda
NB: Any inquiries should be submitted through the email addresses listed above. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. The successful candidate should be able to start immediately.
Deadline: 12th October, 2015