Job Title: Head of Procurement and Disposal Unit
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a national Ugandan organization that was established in 1991 as a medical institution and HIV AIDS Centre of Excellence specializing in medical research, health care and training.
Job Summary: The Head of Procurement and Disposal Unit is responsible for ensuring smooth and lawful procurement and disposal processes at the Joint Clinical Research Centre and guides the institution in all matters relating to procurement and disposal of JCRC assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively coordinate the procurement planning and prepares the overall procurement plan for the entity.
- Steer the development and implementation of procurement budgets/plans of the centre.
- Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement in the entity.
- Build capacity of the procurement staff and the end users for the effective procurement processes and procedures at the centre
- Intuitively review the Technical Specifications and Terms of Reference for compliance with the JCRC procurement manual in accordance with the regulations of PPDA act 2003.
- Prepare the bidding documents, request for quotations/proposals, request for negotiation, request for expression of interest and any other similar solicitation documents.
- Coordinate the communications with applicants and disseminate clarifications and information to all stakeholders within the entity.
- Advise and provide the necessary technical and logistical support to the JCRC contract Committee.
- Compile and prepare all necessary procurement management reports
- Actively facilitate the development, maintaining and updating the entity’s approved list of service providers.
- Actively negotiate for value for money in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery and service with suppliers.
- Disseminate contracts/purchase orders approved by the accounting officer to stakeholders.
- Perform any other duties as may be communicated to you from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Masters Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management or related field
- Full membership to a professional body like CIPS is a MUST
- Possession of a Bachelors Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management/ Procurement and Supply Chain Management or related qualifications from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of five years of relevant continuous procurement experience as head of procurement in a large public organization.
- Strong working experience in managing different donor funded projects (including USAID).
- Demonstrated understanding of the public procurement laws of Uganda.
- Proven integrity and clean record in managing public procurements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to work with a multiplicity of stakeholders.
- Highly innovative and creative thinker.
- Excellent computer, writing, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Possess the ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and curriculum vitae (CV) indicating names plus telephone contacts of three professional referees; current salary should either be posted to: Manager Human Resource & Development, Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC), Plot 101 Lubowa Road, Off Entebbe Road, P.O. Box 10005, Kampala, Uganda OR sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 29th August 2014.
NB: Only short listed candidates only will be contacted