Job Title: Senior Revenue Officer
Local Government Finance Commission (LGFC) envisions “a Uganda with Financially Sustainable Local Governments that provide Efficient and Effective Services.” LGFC exists in order: “to Ensure Effective Mobilisation and Equitable Distribution of Financial Resources for Service Delivery in Local Governments.”
The long-term objective of LGFC is “to establish and maintain an appropriate balance between the services devolved to local governments at different levels to match with the financial resources generally, and such resources currently flowing from central grants, locally generated revenues and donors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively coordinate the activities of the Commission’s Local Revenue Function
- Plan and coordinate local tax collections studies
- Intuitively analyze problems occasioning poor performance in Local revenue collection
- Support the local Governments in implementation of the recommended solutions to improved revenue collection on a pilot basis
- Evolve solutions to incidences of poor local revenue collection
- Devise instruments which can allow the widening of the local tax base
- Guide and coordinate studies aimed at widening the local tax base
- Intuitively direct Central Government in implementing the grants system by developing mechanisms for identifying which local government needs to be given an equalization grant, how much should be allocated and how the local governments should account for the grant
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Responsible Officer from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All suitably qualified applicants should be Ugandans holding any of the following qualifications: an honors Degree majoring in Business Administration B.com (Accounting or Finance option) Economics or Statistics plus a Masters degree in Finance, Economic Policy and Planning from a recognized University/Institution with at least three years working experience in a related field.
- Additionally, he/she should have the following; Quantitative analysis skills, Financial forecasting skills, Data analysis skills, Report writing skills, communication skills.
Age: 30 years and above
How to apply for the job:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified public officers working in Government Ministries, Departments, Agencies or Local Governments who should submit handwritten applications indicating two referees one of whom must be immediate supervisor. The relevant documents should include curriculum Vitae and passport size photographs.
The Commission Secretary
Local Government Finance Commission
10th Floor, Workers House
P.O Box 23143
Deadline: 11th July, 2014