Job Title: Health Safety Security & Environment (HSSE) Manager
Vivo Energy is the company behind the downstream Shell brand in Africa. We are here to offer customers the very best of Shell’s products and services, including supply reliability, technical expertise, and unmatched customer service, in the countries in which we operate. In doing so, we have in place industry-leading health and safety standards, and are committed to delivering Shell’s high-quality fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
Job Summary: The Health Safety Security & Environment (HSSE) Manager will mainly steer the identification and manage HSSE risks across the Company through evaluation of the HSSE performance in the Company and monitoring/implementation of the HSSE MS to achieve business success through HSSE excellence. As a Member of Leadership Team, the role is responsible for driving the development of HSSE culture to support effective risk management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively facilitate Hazards and Effects Management Process(HEMP).contribute to risk studies, identify controls and allocate responsibilities for control measures
- Contribute to management of HSSE risks in contract by ensuring appropriate Specs/Clauses are included in tenders, provide assistance in executing HEMP during tendering, review of Contract HSE Plans, participation in pre-Execution HSSE workshop, pre-mobilisation audits and HSSE site inspections
- Significantly contribute to preparation/assessment of the Company environmentally polluted sites, prioritise and provide support for remediation via Vivo Energy HSSE Dept
- Agree HSSE targets with line managers, contribute to annual planning process, collate input in a bottoms up” approach and monitor monthly performance
- Facilitate investigation/analysis of all incidents, participate in reviews, follow-up recommendations and be responsible for effective cascade of LFIs (Lesson from Incidents)
- Steer and grow the implementation of Group HSSE Policies, Standards and processes
- Actively contribute to Emergency Response/Crisis Management Plans and participate in drills
- Support HSSE Culture improvement activities with Line leaders, and assist with HSSE Training/Competence development and assurance
- Intuitively review tile Company HSSE performance on monthly basis, agree corrective action plans with line managers and contribute to achievement of continuous improvement
- Offer input and support for annual HSSE assurance and monitor implementation of action items for continuous improvement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates should be a dynamic HSSE professional who has a technical/Engineering degree, with significant practical experience in operations and/or engineering.
- At least five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience
- Excellent HSSE MS skills.
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications with a complete curriculum vitae and copies of academic certificates to:email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday, 15th August, 2014