Job Title: Restaurant Supervisor
Uganda National Cultural Centre is a semi-autonomous body established by an Act of Parliament (UNCC Act Cap 50). It is mandated to Preserve, Promote and Popularize Culture in Uganda and beyond UNCC has an opening within its establishment which it intends to fill;
Job Summary: The Restaurant Supervisor will oversee the day to day operation of the UNCC bars and restaurant in a business and Cultural manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the day to day activities of the bars and restaurant.
- Ensuring that the bars and restaurant are operating profitably.
- Ensuring that the bars and Restaurant are operating within Government of Uganda/ local authorities’ guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring the exhibition/sale of traditional foods and drinks in the restaurant.
- Receiving, collecting and banking of revenues from sales of the bar and restaurant
- Ensuring that controls are in place.
- Ensuring proper stock controls and management of food stuff.
- Ensuring preparation and implementation of the section’s work plan
- Overseeing restaurant assets and ensure they are safe
- Mentoring and supervising the human resource of the restaurant through organized deployment schedules and job rotations.
- Compiling the section’s reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a good Bachelors’ Degree in Hotel Management or any other similar degree. Possession of a Diploma in Hotel & Catering, Hospitality Management, Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism will be an added advantage.
- At least seven years’ experience in Hotel Management with at least three (3) years at a supervisory level in a busy environment.
How to Apply for the job:
All qualified and interested applicants should send their application letters together with CVs and academic documents to;
Human Resource & Administrative Manager Uganda National Cultural Centre (UNCC)
P.O. Box 3187 Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th October 2014.