Job Title: Internal Auditor
Platinum Credit (U) Ltd is a subsidiary of Platcorp Holdings Ltd which operates as a holding company and through its subsidiaries offers provides emergency loans to individuals in the East African region.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will be responsible for the improvement of the company’s operational efficiency and effectiveness and help the company to accomplish its objectives by establishing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the evaluation of risk management, control, and governance systems, carrying out investigations on suspected or actual Fraud and putting preventive controls in place
- In charge of the identification and reporting of internal controls deficiencies
- Carry out assessment of information security and associated risk exposures, and evaluation of the organisation’s contingency programs
- Advise on tax matters, regulatory compliance, and compliance to IFRS
- Responsible for conducting quarterly financial reviews and preparation and presentation of audit reports to management and to the audit committee
- Monthly review of group financial statements
- Work closely with other internal and external resources as appropriate, preparation for External Audit and maintaining a link between the group companies and External Auditors
- Evaluate accuracy of the company’s operating systems and efficiency/effectiveness of the companies’ processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in a business related field and professional accountancy qualifications (CPA or ACCA)
- At least four years’ experience in a busy accounting / or audit environment
- Highly conversant with regulatory environment in East Africa for tax advisory and financial management.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
Age: 32 years or below
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to the address below; The Administration Officer; Platinum Credit (U) Ltd.
Send your application via email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 10th September 2014.