Job Title: Law Enforcement Officer
Organisation: Mukono District Local Government
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Vacancy No: External Advert No. 001/2014
Mukono District Service Commission seeks to recruit new staff to help bolster its vision of being a prosperous Municipality for all and providing quality services within local and national priorities for improved standard of living of Mukono Municipal council.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be enforcing national laws and Council by-laws;
- Detecting, arresting, preparing charge sheets and prosecuting law breakers;
- Sensitizing the public on crime prevention;
- The job holder will also be protecting life and property of the residents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Law Enforcement Officer should possess ‘O’ Level Education with an additional Diploma in Law with formal training in Policing Criminal Investigation activities from a recognized Institution.
- At least four years’ experience in Law Enforcement activities.
- Evidence act training skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- High degree of self-confidence;
- Ethics and Integrity;
- Time Management ability
- Physical fitness.
Age: 25-45 years
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should obtain Public Service Commission Form 3 (Revised 2008), download here, and fill it in Triplicate or pick it from the Secretary to District Service Commission or Public Service Commission Offices on Farmers House Parliamentary Avenue First Floor.
All serving officers should send their applications through their Heads of Departments, who should be reminded of the closing date to avoid delay. The applications should bear the title of the post. Academic qualifications, testimonials, CVs and any other relevant documents should be attached plus three recent passport size photographs.
All complete applications should be sent to the Secretary, District Service Commission, P.O. Box 110 Mukono, Uganda
Deadline: Friday 30th January, 2015