Job Title: Analytics & Project Manager
Duty Station:Kampala, Uganda
Living Goods empowers micro-entrepreneurs to deliver life-changing products to the doorsteps of the underserved. We are a pioneering, dynamic and highly impactful social enterprise and are entering a period of exciting expansion. Living Goods is seeking a Analytics and Project Manager to support this development and to implement strong marketing plans both at the branch level and at the community health worker level. Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Job Summary: The Living Goods Analytics and Project Manager will lead in the analysis of quality management in medicine delivery, analysis of products and branch sales drivers, impact of pilot initiatives, and develop recommendations for improvement of performance across the network.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Steer and conduct analytics to assess performance of Uganda operations:
- Branch performance: understand what’s driving branch success and failures, assessing both sales activity and cost drivers
- CHP performance: understand what’s driving CHP success and failures and assess quality of their performance for treatments and sales
- Product performance: assess success of ongoing promotional activities, product launch, ROI analysis
- Quality management: alignment of medicines and treatments by CHP
- Draw recommendations that the Sales and Performance team can implement to improve overall impact and sales performance
- In charge of product market testing – design and implement tests that assess consumer demand and marketing potential; develop demand forecasts
- Develop tools and process for impact analysis. Lead projects on implementation of survey design, administration and data collection and analysis.
- Develop relevant dashboards for ongoing analysis and organization-wide communication of key KPIs.
In charge of new initiatives to increase impact and/or efficiency
- Design initiatives
- Test them with branches
- Assess them
- Plan for roll out if successful
Work closely with Product Department to develop new products for Uganda:
- Carry out market research to design product concept
- Develop new product with external party
- Test new product
- Develop launch plan with the marketing team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an Undergraduate degree in economics and/or statistics.
- At least four years work experience in research organizations and operations/project management, with experience working in a fast-paced start up a plus.
- Past experience working in multinational organizations essential. Experience working with US and Kenya based organizations an asset.
- Possess excellent analytical skills with data collection and dataanalysis. Expert in excel and STATA a must.
- Management of project budgets of >$1 million.
- At least four years’ experience leading impact evaluations – survey administration and data analysis.
- Strong project management skills, with experience monitoring and reporting on the performance of large teams (12+ people).
- Drive for results.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with experience interacting with a broad range of government and international stakeholders.
- Flexibility and willingness to spend time in rural areas a must.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to visit our career page and apply for Analytics and Project Manager through our applicant tracking system. In lieu of a cover letter you will be asked to answer a few short questions that will help us learn a little bit more about you and your interest in working with Living Goods.