Job Title: Receptionist (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Light for the World
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Light for the World is a global disability & development organization, breaking down barriers to enrich society and unlock the potential in all of us. Light for the World (LFTW) is an international disability and development organisation whose vision is an inclusive society where no one is left behind. We enable crucial eye health services and help empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world.
Light for the World is a global development organisation. We empower people with disabilities and enable eye health services in low-income countries. Over the last three decades we improved health systems, enabled education for all, and amplified the voices of people with disabilities Our programmes include:
- Eye Health – preventing blindness and promoting eye health for all
- Inclusive Education – ensuring children with disabilities receive quality, inclusive education
- Inclusive Economic Empowerment – ensuring that barriers are removed for men and women with disabilities to access decent work
We focus on the poorest and hardest to reach because that’s where we will have the biggest impact.
In Uganda, our country strategy for the year 2021-2025 focuses on Eye health, Inclusive Economic Empowerment, Disability Inclusion and Inclusive Education.
Currently, Light for the World Uganda implements projects on eye health, inclusive economic empowerment and disability inclusion with a presence in 21 districts. We are in the process of expanding our team in Uganda and looking for a committed person to fill this role and be part of this growth.
Job Summary: The Receptionist will be responsible for the daily operation of the front desk, administrative support, inquiry handling, guest relations and perform clerical functions of the front desk.
The Receptionist will report to and work under the guidance of the Human Resources and Administration Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Professional and effective reception services
- Receive and respond to all visitors’ inquiries, phone calls and correspondence.
- Keeps the front desk attended to at all times.
- Receives in-coming calls and transfer to individual offices in line with user requests and office procedures.
- Attends graciously to visitors in line with their requests by directing them to the respective officers and answering their queries.
- Ensures speedy response to telephone and message services.
- Reports faults on telephones to be repaired.
- Receives external correspondences, distributes and accounts for all incoming and outgoing correspondences as applicable
- Ensures continuos supply of front desk materials and resources
Provision of logistical support
- Supports in making accommodation reservations.
- Supports with booking vehicles for town service
- Supports in scheduling boardroom for meetings and planning for the required logistics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma/Degree in Business Administration, Secretarial studies, Office Management.
- At least one year of relevant work experience in a reputable organisation.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Ability to establish critical working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Please apply using A complete CV and a letter of motivation are important parts of this. Please let us know why you would like to join our team and why you consider yourself suitable.
Deadline: 22nd June 2022