Job Title: Sanitation Engineer
Organisation: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: KCCA, City Hall (with frequent field visits)
Reports to: CWIS Programme Manager
Reference Number: Ref: DPHE/05/2019
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) has secured funding from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) through the City Wide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS) grant for the Sanitation Inclusive Program (Phase 3). The funding is intended to upscale faecal sludge management services in Kampala through catalytic investments. In this phase, there will be need to scale up the demand and supply for improved sanitation services. This is to be achieved through a number of interventions including the construction of model public toilets and the implementation of the sanitation marketing Strategies.
A Bachelor’s degree in either Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a recognized University or Institution of higher learning.
Experience and Competencies
- A minimum of two (2) consecutive years working experience in infrastructure project preparation and management, civil works including detailed design and supervision.
- Good understanding of national regulations pertaining to environment, communal services and procurement within government agencies.
- Good knowledge of relevant design norms and construction legislation.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
Key Result Areas:
- Providing overall technical assistance to CWIS and KCCA WASH construction projects from planning, to implementation and handover.
- Coordinating the preparation of preliminary and detailed engineering and design studies.
- Conducting appraisal of the technical and financial feasibility of the proposed sanitation facilities in liaison with the KCCA Procurement and WASH teams.
- Determining the compliance of investment programme proposals with the regulations and requirements of KCCA; ensure that the necessary permits are obtained and stakeholder consultations are conducted.
- Assisting the procurement team in preparation of necessary procurement documents, evaluation of bids and signing of contracts for works and/or supply of goods.
- Carrying out site supervision and ensure adequate management for works and/or supply of goods.
- Preparing periodic implementation progress reports as well as final programme and handover reports.
- Managing programme budgets, cash flows and obligations to ensure deliverables are met and payments to contractors and personnel are effected in a timely manner.
Interested candidates should ONLY FILL AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM that can be accessed HERE to the address below not later than 16th August 2019 at 5.00 p.m. to:
Directorate of Administration and Human Resources Management
Plot 1-3 Apollo Kaggwa Road P.O Box 7010 Kampala – Uganda. City Hall building
- Indicate the Reference Number on your APPLICATION FORM
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE AND ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted