Job Title: Senior Officer, ALP (2 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Sub Area Manager
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Job Summary: The Senior Officer, ALP will provide ongoing technical support and coordination of the ALP programms and implementation partners in project planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting ALP activities in the western region
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children Senior Officer, ALP job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences and humanities, social administration, education with accrued experience in a related field, with skills and experience in community mobilization, project planning, management monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of three years of progressive experience in community development work
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of child rights issues, national poverty alleviation strategies as well as current national and international trends into global poverty and development.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Show commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the title link below.
Deadline: 15th September 2017