The Spear Group of Companies owns a number of leading business franchises which include:
- Spear Motors Limited – Franchise distributor and dealer in Mercedes Benz, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, and Deutz Fahr brands in Uganda.
- Wavah Broadcasting Services (WBS) – A private television station.
- Star Times Digital Satellite Television Service – A digital satellite distributor of television signals in Uganda.
- Spear House – An upscale office building on Jinja Road, in Kampala’s central business district.
- Wavah Water Limited – A manufacturer and distributor of drinking mineral water in Uganda.
- GM Tumpeco Limited – A manufacturer and fabricator of steel products, including number plates, traffic road signs and billboards. Also, furniture, spring mattresses, uniports, wheelbarrows, truck and bus bodies.
- Fancy Furniture Limited – Importer and distributor of high-end office and household furniture.
- Wavah Books Limited – A publisher of school text books and other writings
- Nakweero Mixed Farm – A diary, beef and crop farm in Nakweero, Kira Municipality, Wakiso District.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all local store deliveries are received and inspected to ensure that they comply with specifications on the official orders.
- The Storekeeper will primarily ensure that all local store deliveries are received and inspected to ensure that they comply with specifications on the official orders
- Ensure that all delivered goods are receipted and carries out reconciliation of LPO and delivery on receiving the goods.
- Ensure that quality and quantity agree with LPO.
- Carry out routine inspections to validate quality packaging, demonstration, etc.
- Ensure issued items are posted onto respective stock cards to ensure accurate records are maintained to avoid stock run outs and also comply with re – order level.
- In charge of Stock reconciliations
- Perform periodic reconciliation of physical stores to card balances to confirm the accurate position regarding stock levels.
- Reconcile stock cards with physical stores to check and correct miss – posting.
- Responsible for the maintenance of order in the stores
- Ensure maintenance of order and proper arrangement of shelves to ensure easy retrieval of items.
- Oversee and ensure that the stores are cleared daily to ensure clean conditions and avoid damage to stores items.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a diploma in stores management or related field. A bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three or more years’ experience in a managerial role in a busy organisation, preferably in an FMCG company.
- A mature person of high integrity and with a clean record of service.
- Very flexible individual and willing to work under pressure.
How to Apply for the job:
If you are suitably qualified, send your application and relevant certificates to this address:
The Human Resource Manager
Spear Motors Ltd
Plot M248, Nakawa
P.O Box 1350, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Saturday, 11th October 2014