Job Title: Grants Management Assistant
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established in 2004, is a consortium of 42 universities in 19 countries of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA). The organisation evolved from the Forum on Agricultural Resource Husbandry (FORUM) program of the Rockefeller Foundation.
RUFORUM is registered as an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and has mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
RUFORUM has an MoU with the African Union for strengthening science, technology and innovation capacity in Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Archive grants documents and generate relevant information to be packaged and uploaded into the RIMS as appropriate
- Receive, compile and create database for proposals under the different Call for proposals
- Carry out administrative check for proposals received in response to Calls
- Send out proposals received for review and compile Reviewer Comments
- Organize and prepare the necessary documentation for the Technical Committee Meeting to select proposals for funding
- Organize and manage logistical arrangements for the grants related convening events
- Intuitively review project budgets, prepare and dispatch grant award letters to Grantees
- Prepare necessary documents and requisition for funds for Grantees
- Actively engage with and communicate with Principal Investigators and grantees of RUFORUM supported projects as appropriate to ensure smooth and timely implementation of the projects
- Develop, update grants databases and compile relevant data in preparation for deeper analysis and interpretation
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidates should hold a good Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural and related sciences
- At least one year’s in project management in NGOs, research and training institutions
- Possess the ability to use computers and MS Office packages
- Should be a team player.
- Keen attention to detail
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to value and act with honesty and openness in relations with others.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications via email to Secretariat@ruforum.org, or delivered in hard copy (with CD enclosed containing soft copy) to:
The Executive Secretary
RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151 Garden Hill,
Makerere University, P.O Box 16811, Wandegeya
(Ref: RUF/JOB/….: ……………….)
Applicants should quote the reference number and job applied for, and should attach photocopies of necessary academic support documents, including letters from two referees. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Screening of applications will begin in November, 2014, and will continue until the post is filled.
Deadline: 20th October, 2014 by 5pm