Job Title: Manager Service Delivery and Enterprise Application
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN Uganda launched commercial services in Uganda, just six months after acquiring and signing of the license. MTN has since grown to be the leading Telecommunications Company in Uganda servicing in excess of 6 Million customers and growing. Despite insufficient infrastructure, MTN has covered in excess of 90% of the population, providing services in over 150 towns and villages and their immediate environments.
Job Summary: The job holder will be responsible for the management of a team of engineers and supervise vendors to ensure the continuous delivery and operation of integrated business and operational support systems, which provide critical services to both MTN customers and staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the application support team both direct and in-direct reports and supporting vendors to provide application support and incident resolution for the wide portfolio of enterprise applications.
- Oversee the MTN application resources and processes for multiple operations in the region.
- Manage Business support systems (BSS) such as the Voucher Management (Scratch card management), Mobile Money, Call Centre, Loyalty & Campaigns, Business Intelligence and ERP/POS platforms for the entire organisation
- Supervise Operational support systems (OSS) such as the Provisioning, Mediation and SOA for multiple organisations
- Ensure that the Business Intelligence platform publishes accurate and complete subscriber and revenue reporting to be consumed by MTN Group, SEA HUB (General Management) and business units in the various operations (EXCO, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Networks)
- Monitor performance of various systems and business services to ensure availability within agreed SLA
- Maintain the environment to minimize/eliminate any potential revenue loss
- Managing vendor SLAs to ensure service delivery within agreed SLAs.
- Measure and report SLA achievement.
- Regular vendor engagement to ensure effective service delivery.
- Responsible for full business engagement: To ensure end-to-end business support from Application teams
- Oversee the Evaluation; installation; configuration, testing and deployment of Applications/product and Service updates
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the Application Support Team and vendor teams to achieve agreed annual targets
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make appropriate recommendations
- Manage relationships and provide necessary support to the Service Management, Infrastructure, Planning and Architecture, Demand and Network teams, assisting with quality assurance; delivery and effective operations.
- Proactive management and monitoring to capture and resolve potential issues before they become service impacting.
- Define, implement and operationalize effective processes and Procedures.
- Drive to resolution open audit/revenue assurance issues/requests.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Senior Manager Service Delivery and Enterprise Applications.
Qualification Skills and Experience:
- The MTN Manager Service Delivery and Enterprise Application should possess a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Software Engineering
- Possession of a master’s degree in IT/Software Engineering an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven to eight years’ relevant IT experience – preferably in managing IT teams, which a technical knowledge of software services; project management experience and a sound understanding of ITIL standards and best practice within operational environments
- Three or more years’ work experience at manager level
- Advanced communication interpersonal and reporting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good data analysis skills
- Highly proficient in Information Management
- Risk assessment skills
- Good risk management skills
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: the Human Resources Manager, MTN plot 77 Yusuf Lule road opposite Garden City Shopping Mall, Kampala, Uganda.
Note: MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
Deadline: 14th February, 2014