USAID/Uganda seeks to hire a Northern Uganda Development of Enhanced Local Governance, Infrastructure, and Livelihoods (NUDEIL) Program Manager to oversee the implementation of the NUDEIL Program.
Located in Gulu, the contractor will work across the Mission’s Development Objective teams to help coordinate and facilitate the integration of and reporting on NUDEIL activities into the Mission’s broader portfolio and enhance programs aimed at stabilization and reconstruction in northern Uganda.
Job Tittle : Administrative Assistant
Organisation: United States Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Vacancy Number: 090/2013
Duty Station: USAID, Gulu, Uganda
Salary Grade: FSN-8 (Ugshs. 38,988,039 to 58,134,949 p.a. inclusive of allowances)
Job Summary: The job holder provides support to the NUDEIL Program Manager focusing specifically on relationships with Ugandan Government Officials at the district and local level and provide oversight and assistance to the district financial systems and reporting regarding the NUDEIL program. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and organizing all communication and information between USAID and all other parties as well as maintaining internal reporting and organization for the USAID NUDEIL staff.
For a full job description, please visit the link below with all duties and responsibilities on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicant should hold a college degree in finance, accounting, economics, political science, or social sciences with some focus on accounting.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in the public sector or the NGO community and at least two years focusing on financial accounting.
- Language Requirement: Must be fluent in the English language. Fluency in Lou is an advantage.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Ugandan society economy and government structure, particularly financial systems.
- Must be familiar with the principles of management in a broad range of administrative activities (financial, organizational, procurement, records) as well as basic principles of working with local government institutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and computer skills are required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) Download it Here.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at [email protected]
NB: Only electronic submissions will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject area of the email submission.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 13th November 2013
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.